Three years ago, my life went from the fast lane to the bus lane. As a student/intern in an urban setting, public transportation (and Uber) is both my savior and the bane of my existence. So how do I make the minutes pass without drowning in a sea of my inner thoughts?
Here are some of my recent favorites:
- Waves, Kanye West
- Never Forget You, Zara Larsson
- Tom Ford, Jay Z
- Since U Been Gone, Kelly Clarkson
- Smoke & Retribution, Flume
The reason these are my top 5 is because they have incredible bass. The rhythm is almost soothing to drive to.
When In Transit
- Side To Side, Ariana Grande ft. Nicki Minaj
- Closer, The Chainsmokers ft. Halsey
- Cold Water, Major Lazer ft. Justin Bieber
- MakeDamnSure, Taking Back Sunday
- Make Me Proud, Drake ft. Nicki Minaj
- Compass, Zella Day
On the contrary to my driving songs, these songs don’t have a strong featured bass. Instead, they have great melodies and catchy lyrics. When I’m taking public transportation or walking, I don’t necessarily need a soothing rhythm. Instead, I need a mood booster or something to calm me before I arrive at my destination.
What are your favorite traveling tunes, mes chéries?