In the How To series, I’ll be posting a few tutorials on all things makeup and hair. Being that winged liner is a classic look that is probably the hardest to accomplish successfully, I decided to start with it. Who doesn’t love a good challenge, am I right? (Nope.)
In this tutorial, I kept the canvas (face) clean with just a light layer of foundation, brows, white eyeliner (because I’m lacking some beauty sleep), and one coat of mascara on my upper lash. I want your focus to be strictly on creating wings on fleek.
Before I start, I have to warn you and apologize for my nail polish. Long story short, I lost my nail polish remover and haven’t had time to get a new one. Now without further ado, here are the steps:
- Take your liquid eyeliner and fill in the center of your eye on the same side of your dominant hand. For me that is the right. Go to that respective eyelid right above the lash line. Try to get as close to the lash line as possible.
2. Connect the inner end of the middle line you just drew to the corner of your eye. Then, connect the other end of the middle line you just drew to the end of the lash line right above where it meets your lower lash line. It should end up looking the the photo on the right.
3. Now turn your wrist outwards from your face and angle it so that your palm is facing diagonally towards the top corner of the room. Then use the tip of your liquid liner to form a triangle and drag it lightly across your lid. (Don’t press as hard as I did in the photo. You’ll get wrinkles very quickly if you do!)
4. Now go back in and fill in the triangle shape you just started to form. See where your lower lash line ends when you close your eyelid? Start from there and trace it up towards to sharp point you made with the tip of your liquid liner.
5. There is the finished product of one eye!
6. Now moving onto the other eye, repeat step 1 – 4. Note that because you are crossing your arm over to the other side, it will be hard to angle the eyeliner.
7. Go back in and smooth out any bumps by going over the line you made slowly and smoothly. You can also take this time to lightly use the tip of the liner to create a sharper wing if you so wish.
8. Finished product!
Curl your lashes, toss on some more coats of mascara if you wish, and you’re ready to rock people’s world! Stay on fleek, mes chéries!