As a huge makeup junkie, I used to believe that I needed to splurge on high-end products to cover my acne/acne scars, hyper pigmentation, or freckles. However, I grew to realize that having a great skincare routine was more important and would ultimately save me more money. Instead of constantly buying foundations and concealers, I invested a good sum in a few items that helped me maintain my complexion and clean pores.
I used to have “flawless” skin up until freshman year of college. Whether it was unhealthy diets and routines or delayed hormone imbalances and flare-ups, my face transformed into the Rocky Mountains. It took a many Sally Hansen pore strips, acne creams and washes, and face masks before I finally turned to birth control. Unfortunately, the pill wasn’t the most compatible with me, so I’m left to maintain the smooth plains of my face using my trusty handy-dandy products.
Products (from left to right):
- Clarisonic Mia with either Acne Cleansing, Deep Cleansing, or Radiance head
- Kiehl’s Cucumber Herbal Alcohol-Free Toner
- Origins Original Skin Retexturizing Rose Clay Mask
- Aveeno Positively Radiant facewash
- Clinique All About Eyes Cream
- Shiseido Pureness Matifying Mosturizer
- Sally Hansen pore strips if needed (not pictured)
- Kiehl’s Calendula Herbal-Extract Toner
- Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask
- Clinique Dramatically Different lotion OR gel
All these products have not only worked the best but do not strip my skin from its natural oils. If you suffer from acne like I did, it’s crucial to make sure your cleansers are NOT drying. This will cause your skin to overproduce oils to keep your dry skin moisturized, causing even oilier skin.
Stay dewy and glowy, mes chéries!